Is your child struggling with their English writing skills? We can help them improve their proficiency in the English language. Our writing program consists of twelve two-hour workshops offered in the spring of 2018.
Space is limited. Registration is on a first come, first serve basis.
Please note that this workshop is offered only in English.
For the cost, exact dates, and times of the sessions, please contact the centre.
This preparation program was created to help children improve their expressive English writing skills before entering high school.
Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- Generating ideas
- The process of writing paragraphs
- Achieving coherence
- Improving writing by revising for consistency, sentence variety, and language awareness
- Developing descriptive, illustrative, narrative, contrast and comparison, persuasive paragraphs, and more
- The process of writing essays
- Reviewing the basics: simple sentences, conjunctions, adverbs, avoiding sentence errors, present and past tense, nouns, pronouns, adjectives, apostrophes, commas, and mechanics
- Spelling and vocabulary